Senior Patents Paralegal
Liliana has been working at Moeller IP Advisors as a Trilingual Paralegal in the Patent Department for 14 years.
In her first four years at Moeller, she prepared publication and examination reports of patent applications in Argentina. After that she was responsible for filing applications, receiving order letters from clients, sending application texts to translators and colleagues, and subsequently, submitting the applications in the clients’ chosen Latin American countries.
For the last six years, Liliana has been responsible for assisting clients in the publication and examination field again. She receives and sends to clients publication extracts and examination requests from Argentine and Latin American PTO. Furthermore, Liliana informs the clients of pending deadlines, instructs our Latin American colleagues and sends clients’ reports regarding approved preliminary examination as well. Therefore, she is in daily contact with IP law firms and clients throughout Latin America.
Liliana has an academic background in education, receiving her degree to teach high school German in 1995 from the prestigious Instituto de Enseñanza Superior en Lenguas Vivas “Juan Ramón Fernández,” Buenos Aires. As a teacher, she applied for a position at a German foundation’s research center as a Trilingual Assistant (Editor Secretary) and Librarian. She was selected and worked in said research center for seven years, where she was the contact person for international research institutions, universities and writers. Furthermore, in 2003, she received a diploma of Secretarial Skills and Business English with distinguished marks from the London Chamber of Commerce Examination Board.
Liliana is very interested in Art. In her free time, she enjoys visiting museums and Art exhibitions and does some painting as well.
- High school teacher’s degree for German language instruction – Instituto de Enseñanza Superior en Lenguas Vivas “Juan Ramón Fernández,” Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Advanced training course scholarship for the German diploma “Zentrale Mittelstufenprüfung” (Goethe Institut, Düsseldorf, Germany)
- First Certificate in English (Cambridge University)
- Diploma of Secretarial Skills Level III and Business English (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examination Board)
“Initial Proceedings in Patenting” (INPI, Buenos Aires, Argentina).
- “General Course in Industrial Property organized by OMPI.”
- Liliana speaks fluent Spanish, German and English.